Why we love water:
- Water helps suppress hunger by taking up space in the stomach, leading to a sense of fullness.
- Water can be used to distract us from cravings. In many cases when we think we’re hungry, we’re in actual fact thirsty instead.
- Keeping hydrated during your fast period can help to keep headaches at bay.
If you want to add a little flavour, here are a few things you can add in.
- A sprig of mint
- A slice of lemon or cucumber
- A few blueberries or raspberries
You may also want to try unsweetened herbal teas. You can also try iced teas (that work well with cold water) such as hibiscus, red raspberry leaf, ginger, lemongrass, or lemon balm. You’re also welcome to drink black tea, black coffee, caffeinated or non caffeinated teas, and sparkling water (without sweeteners, of course).