Let’s be clear - your Roczen journey isn't without its challenges. You should be proud of how far you have come. You have taken on a new routine and, as with anything new, it takes time to adjust. So, if you have ended a fast early or indulged in a treat this week, that is okay.
First, cut yourself some slack! Next, take a deep breath and get back on your plan. Reach out to your Mentor and arrange a chat and share your progress. Alternatively, you could say hello to everyone on our private Facebook Group. Sharing your thoughts with someone will help you get motivated to start again.
Some advice (if we may)
To help maximise the benefits of Roczen, it is important to consider some simple lifestyle changes to help work with the natural day and night rhythm of your body, known as circadian rhythm.
Circadian rhythms are physical, mental, and behavioural changes that affect most all humans and most living things, including: animals and plants. Circadian rhythms follow a 24-hour cycle and these natural processes respond primarily to light (day) and dark (night). From a circadian point of view, we want you to think about aiming to achieve the following:
- Aim to get around 8 hours of sleep. Not just 8 hours of being in bed, but actual sleep.
- Wait at least 1 hour between waking up and having calories (if you are eating breakfast). Most of you will skip breakfast and have your first meal after noon.
- Get exposure to bright light in the morning period, preferably outside – aiming for 30 minutes which would ideally incorporate a walk to keep active.
- Avoid exposure to digital devices such as phones, televisions that emit blue light within 2-3 hour prior to bedtime. Set your alarm for the morning and leave your phone out of reach.
- Avoid eating too close to bedtime. You may drink water and herbal tea, but avoid caffeine.
As always, reach out to your mentor, ask a question on the Facebook group or send a message to your clinician.
So what's next?
To join Roczen, take our test to find out how we can build a programme that's right for you. One of our clinicians will book a consultation once you have joined our programme, which by the way is a cancel anytime policy. There are no strings attached. If you're a member reading this article, we're just here to say hello!